Anecdotes of a Dreamer

Albert Einstein was a frickin genius! That whole time- relativity thing really rocks! When you are five years old, a day is a lifetime. When you get to be fifty seven, time flies. When I am focused, time expands and good things happen. When left to my own devices, time compresses and shit happens. I have the gift of time. With this gift, I would like to share my insights for survival while keeping my idealism intact. Some are fiction and some fact. Somewhere, its all true.

Tuesday, February 21, 2006

¡Saludos a mis lectores!

I originally started this blog as means to express my fears about events that were ocurring in my life. Those events have passed, but will always be part of my life, like all of the other events that preceded these events. While events do not define us, they contribute to the fabric that makes up our lives. How we react to the events provides a hint of who we are and what we have become.

I am a fifty-five year old dreamer. The life that occurs between my ears is far more exciting and richer than I could possibly accomplish externally. By now, I'm comfortable with that. I like it. It used to bother me that I couldn't acheive all of the things that I could conceive. Now I realize that it doesn't really matter. My own reality is just as valid as anybody else's reality. I own my accomplishments and failures and am proud of all of it. I have earned every line, wrinkle, chin, scar and grey hair. I have also earned the consequences that come with those features. But in the end, I'm still a kid who believes that anything is possible and life is an adventure. Somehow, when I crossed over from my twenties into my thirties and beyond, I never lost the idealism of my youth. I still believe in justice, fairness, equality, kindness and the goodness of mankind. I do not believe that we will destroy our planet or our species. We are survivors. We learn to cope. We make many mistakes, but we are occasionally brilliant enough to avert disaster and push on forward. I am continually amazed at our ability to grow. While we are often cruel, cowardly and selfish, our capacity to love, share and sacrifice give us a glimpse of our Creator's genius.

Join me and share your thoughts and dreams. I'm not sure if my thoughts are interesting to anyone but me, but I will shre them with you in the days ahead.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home